Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dear Reader,

Tonight I invite you to join me on this quest called life. Where this will take us, only time shall tell. I don't use propper spelling or grammer sometimes, but this is life, unedited.

So, there I am, behind the desk at the Hotel. In walks...er hobbles this obviously hurting, hunched over in pain lady. She just wants to get in and get to bed, but shes pulled a muscle in her leg, and it hurts to sit, stand, lay, breathe... you know the kind. Anyway, shes requested a suite that isn't too close to any entrance, on the ground floor. So, I check her in, offer to help her in with her luggage, and take her to her room. I got her some ice, suggested a trip to the hot tub, and wished her the best. Thanked her for the $5, and went about my night. I took the visiting Irish lasses out on the town, dropping them at the Bardenay. They make thier own liquor there - Vodka, gin, and rum, I believe. I know the vodka is top-shelf quality ;-)

So after i get myself unlost (having left the GPS back at the hotel... ) I'm headed back to the hotel. Mind you this is the first time Amber has worked "by herself". So, I call there, and she says the lady I checked in before had called and wanted to know if anyone delivered crutches. I said I would find her some. Off to the nearest pharmacy - 8:10ish. Hospital pharmacy - closed. Head to Walmart - they have to have crutches, right? Wrong. So, wheres the nearest walgreens? back down the street the way I just came, only farther. So, get there - its now about 915. Find 3 sizes of crutches. Grab the ones that I figure to be her height.

Guess what - I guessed wrong by about 3" or better. Whatever, I grabbed the tall ones, ask the guy if I could return them if they where not the right size - he says sure. So i head back to the hotel - its now 950ish. She tries to manage it on the lowest setting, and its obvious she needs smaller ones. So - back to Walgreens. Guess what. I found the only non-24-hour Walgreens I've ever seen.

WTF

So i head to the Other Walgreens - where theres one, theres bound to be more, right? This story is so full of fail its sad, but it gets better.

They are indeed a 24 hour Walgreens .. Win!
They will exchange Crutches from anohter walgreens - Win!
They do not have the right size right now, but should on Wenesday - Fail

So - its now about 10:20ish, and New Amber was supposed to go HOME 20 minutes ago... so, Back to the hotel. She's done well - handled a few checkins by herself, and the hotel didn't burn down, so all is well. She leaves, I call the Walgreens out by my house - 20 minutes away.

They are indeed a 24 hour Walgreens - the manager also thought the Walgreens where 24 hours as well...

He will accept the exchange from another store <3
He has the right size <3
He will be there when I come in <3
So, since my hours have been extended to Midnight, I only have an hour and a half to wait before I can go get them. So, midnight gets there, my coworker brings me some KICKASS homeade pizza, and we go about the process of changing shifts. I get out of there at about 12:10 or so, and head to the Walgreens thats 25 minutes away.

Get there, get the crutches exchanged, and headed back to work. 25 minutes back - its now 1am.

Call the lady, per her request, and then go give her the crutches. Shes so relieved and thankful, and gives me $100 to cover the cost of the crutches, and won't take any change :) <3
So, back ot the house for the end of another adventure, and the begining of another.

Hunnybunny (my wife) is watching her sister's kids, agian.. so thier mom can go out and party since its friday.... Mind you, she still owes me money, yet shes out partying, AND having Hunnybunny watch her kids :|

WTF

So, Its now 2:30ish in the morning. Her and her friend that have been out bar-hopping all night Drive UP.

Drinking and driving = fail

So, they stay a few minutes, eat their taco bell, and leave without waking anyone else up, thankfully.

Then they drive off to get the drunk friend home, since shes gotta be up in like 5 hours...

Then I finally get to sit down, put my feet up, and write to you, dear reader.

4 comments:

  1. I love Livin the dream...
    I got to see that it's just not me having one of them days LMFAO
    i can't wait to see more!!
    oh ya i love this part "and the hotel didn't burn down, so all is well."
    i give you 2 thumbs up

    XLadyinRedX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a good thing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this it's good to see people giving us a inside on there life! can't wait to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmfao yep just another day livin the dream
    and what a outstanding Guy you are for helping the lady out on your own time there is not a lot of people there that would do that 2 thumbs up to you.

    ReplyDelete