Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another day in Paradice


I read a line in a book tonight, and I wanted to share it with you, Dear Reader...

"We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes.
- But its beauty can burn in our hearts eternally. "

Drizzt Do'Urden

It just got me to thinking about my own life, and how even though I KNOW we get what we focus on, I find myself focusing on more negativity then I should. Today was a pleasant change, however.

We got word that our 2 lost I-pods where found! So that's a plus. The involvement of my son in thier disapearence was less then fortunate, but insted of focusing on the bad, I focused on the good, in that his teacher has reported that he is doing very very well in class, aside from when he randomly yells obscenities or calls people extreemly offencive things... so yea.

The teacher said hes good - when hes not cussing soomone out.

Mmmhmm..

Well, we decided insted of whatever, we went out and ran a few errands, picked up some burgers and headed for the park. We packed along the football, and my RC truck, and headed for the Bike Jumps. Unfortunatly, the battery didnt get fully charged for quite some time, and I wasn't able to catch any air off the bike jump because the stearing was too lose. It would'nt stay straight. I'll have to look into that soon - like tomarrow.
It went really well as a family outing though, and overal was a positve thing. I'm glad I focused on the positive. Our lives are so short, and we spend so much time wishing they where better, yet focused on the negitive things in life. If we simply are more positve-minded, ie look at what is good in your life; we are more apt to create the more positive reality we used to only wish for, before.

Look at it this way. If what you're doing currently is making you how you will be, doesn't it make sence to be as positive as you can be? I'll be the first to admit theres times I'm just NOT a positve person... and that has taken me to where I am. Perhaps I need to try an alternate method to get somewhere else...

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

Today I took the path less traveled, and it went well. I will continue, and report back on this omnipresent manifestation of our own device. You know it as "Life".

Just another day in paradise.




-=-

1 comment:

  1. "Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by and that made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

    My most favorite poem ever...

    ReplyDelete